OTS calls for tax simplification for smaller businesses
A report by the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) calls on the government to prioritise action to ‘address long-standing concerns about the experience of smaller businesses‘. The report considers the business lifecycle, especially those starting up and provides recommendations in five areas:
- providing simple step-by-step guidance about the key things a business needs to do in its early days to help things run smoothly
- improving the operation of the PAYE system
- implementation of HMRC’s Agents Strategy
- improving the mechanics of the Corporation Tax return process
- ensuring that tax changes are built on an understanding of business processes.
If you would like any help with your taxes at any stage of your business life cycle, please do get in touch.
For more information please go to: GOV.UK simplifying tax
Small business accountants
As a small business you need drive and determination to succeed. You need people who understand small and medium sized firms.
You need an accountant who thoroughly understands your needs.
Robinsons have many years of experience and understanding across sectors such as creative industries, retail, property , engineering or logistics.
From advertising agencies to architects, TV production companies to designers, we understand the vital balance between creativity and commercialism particularly well. So whether you’re a literary agent or just an individual in the entertainment industry, our many years of sector experience can help guide you and your finances.
Leave A Comment