News: November 2012
Yet more taskforces launched
HMRC’s success in obtaining tax arrears from a wide range of business sectors within selected geographical areas has encouraged them to announce another 5 taskforces for “intensive bursts of targeted activity”.
They expect to recover more than £19.5 million from the following areas:
- The legal profession in London (yes, the accountancy and tax professions are expecting to be on the list in the future!)
- Grocery and retail in South Wales, North Wales, NW England and SW England
- Hair and beauty in the North East
- Restaurants in the South East and Solent
- The Motor trade in Scotland
If you fall within any of the above categories, or know someone who is, we can do a check of your business records to identify any problems should HMRC come calling.
Please click here to contact us about this issue.